The Cardinals struggled to get going in the first set as the Timberwolves went on a 7-0 run to start the match. Abbie Toland would serve the team back to within four at 13-9, but that's as close as the Cardinals would get to NU as the Timberwolves would close the first set with a 25-20 win.
The teams stayed neck-in-neck through set two and would end up tied 11-11. The Timberwolves would call a timeout at go on a 5-0 run and would ultimately take the set, 25-20.
The Cardinals battled back in set three and went point for point with the Timberwolves through the first 15 points. The Northwood called a timeout and returned from the timeout to go on another 5-0 run that the Cardinal defense was unable to hold off as they fell 25-18 in the third set.
Inside the Box Score:
- Haley Clum earned "Player of the Match" honors as she recorded 5 kills and led the team in hitting percentage with .250
- Hannah Tabit led the team in assists with 24 and recorded five digs and one kill
- Emily Friesl earned six kills and two blocks
- Sarah Tabit recorded a team high of nine kills in the match
- Abbie Toland led the team in digs with eight and earned one service ace in the match
From Head Coach Will Stanton
"We really struggled to get our focus against Northwood, and they came out fast and strong. We were'nt ready to play and t showed. Their serve kept us in our heels all night, and our offense was not able to execute at any level."
The SVSU Volleyball team will host #10 Ferris State University Saturday (Sep. 21) at 2 p.m. Live video and stats can be found on the volleyball schedule page.